Monday, January 24, 2011

Bondage ~ Kink or Fetish?

Bondage kink or fetish? Is there a difference? In my mind yes. I have to admit that up until recently I did not see much of a difference between the kink and fetish communities. It was some of the comments and feedback I received after my bondage workshop that brought to light the very real differences in the two. The workshop was focused on how to tie up your partner in a safe and oh so very secure manner with inexpensive rope. Also emphasized was bondage as a visual.

My rules were simple...no sex and keep your clothes on. No topless women OR men thank you very much. Keep your titties and hairy chest to yourself. Check your bag of sex toys at the door too. 

What I did, and this is in the eyes of those involved in the kink/BDSM community, is divorce the event from kink and put it squarely into fetish. That would make me a fetishist and not necessarily a kinkster. The past 4 years or so I have had a look at the kink/BDSM community and to tell the truth, have found it chock full of drama. One could write a book on it and I certainly cannot begin to give it justice in this journal entry. Suffice to say, I want little or anything to do with it. 

Look up the meaning of the word fetish and where it originated from. An object of mystical powers. A good looking woman, beautifully attired in tight artistic bondage has a power over you M? Oh yah. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment